To help you out, we’ve rounded up the best Asus laptops that our team of experts have reviewed over the past few years. This means that every laptop on this list has been rigorously tested.
We use industry-standard benchmarks and professional display quality monitors to test each laptop. We also measure battery life. Review the quality of assembly work. And even check out the advanced features.
Don’t see that Asus laptop you want to get rid of? Then check back later as we update this list as we publish new Asus laptop reviews.
Best Asus Laptop Review
- Top Rated: Asus Zenbook S 13 OLE
- Best for gaming: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
- Best 2-in-1: Asus ZenBook Flip S (UX371)
- Best Dual Screen: Asus ZenBook Pro 14 Duo OLED
- Best Gaming Hybrid: Asus ROG Flow Z13
- Best Chromebook: Asus Chromebook CX1 (CX1500)
ASUS Zenbook S13 OLED
The Asus Zenbook S 13 OLED is our favourite Asus laptop with powerful specs and a great OLED screen.
Powered by an AMD Ryzen 7 6800U processor, it delivers solid performance and outperforms the Apple M1 chip in our benchmarks. Apple and Intel now offer the fastest laptop chips. But AMD processors here are also capable of handling more common workloads. including games and content creation.
The battery life here is excellent. It’s much better than most Intel-based laptops. We also like the vibrant OLED panel. It’s perfect for watching Netflix and more on the go, especially thanks to its portable design that weighs less than 1kg.
- Excellent performance even for sports
- The OLED screen is impressive.
- Amazingly thin and light
- Great battery life
- Poor delivery offer
- Able to act restless, hot and loud
Asus ZenBook Pro 16X OLED (2022)
The Asus ZenBook Pro 16X OLED (2022) is our recommended Asus laptop for content creation. With powerful features like Intel Core i9-12900H processor and Nvidia RTX 3060 GPU.
As the name suggests, the Asus laptop also comes with an OLED panel. Our tests show that this monitor has a wide enough color gamut to handle colour-sensitive workloads like photo and video editing. It’s also a great screen for idly watching Netflix and YouTube videos.
But with such a hefty price tag, the Asus ZenBook Pro 16X OLED is worth considering if you need a high-performance, heavy-duty laptop. But what if you spend most of your time editing photos and videos? We think this is the best Asus laptop you can buy right now.
- Market-leading OLED screens
- The fast and powerful Core i9 processor
- The keyboard is comfortable and modern.
- Amazing build quality and connections.
- Poor battery life compared to Apple laptops
- A large and bulky laptop
- OLED screens can be bright.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 (2021)
We think the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (2021) is the perfect choice for anyone looking to get their hands on a Gaming Laptop.
We found it more than enough for a full day of work and play. With many features it offers. The panel is a 14-inch IPS display, and you can choose between 1080p or 1440p resolution, which is new for the 2021 model.
- Excellent CPU and GPU performance
- Ultra-portable design for gaming laptops.
- A Quad HD screen option is now available.
- Best battery life compared to the competition
- No webcam
- Double the performance of Quad HD.
- There is no RGB backlight on the keyboard.
ASUS ZenBook Flip S (UX371)
If you’re looking for a laptop-turnable tablet with a highly flexible screen hinge, we recommend the Asus ZenBook Flip S (UX371).
The screen is a 13.3-inch 4K OLED panel that delivers incredible contrast and wide colour coverage at over 95% sRGB and DCI-P3 thanks to our powerful colour meter. This means you can comfortably use the Zenbook Flip S (UX371) for design-related tasks as well as general productivity tasks.
In terms of performance, the ZenBook Flip S (UX371) is definitely a great choice. We found it outperformed our tests and performed well in the real world.
- Excellent high-end design
- Excellent screen quality
- Fast and satisfying keyboard
- Cheaper than the competition.
- Not as strong as competitors.
- Earth is warming.
- Average battery life
ASUS ROG Flow Z13 Technology
It combines the high performance of a gaming laptop with the portable design of the Microsoft Surface Pro to make it a powerful device for travel.
ROG Flow Z13’s design is clean and professional. It weighs just 1.18 kg with a black body and printed cover, making it one of the most powerful and lightest laptops on the market. And with the magnetic cover, you can use it as a tablet, although Windows 11 isn’t the best operating system for that. In our opinion, it’s its versatility that sets the ROG Flow Z13 apart from other gaming laptops in this price range.
Alternatively, Asus is also introducing the Asus ROG Flow X16, a 2-in-1 gaming laptop with a large 16-inch screen that flips into tablet mode. There are also stronger specifications but the prices are higher. Whatever your preference, both Asus laptops are excellent choices for those looking for a mobile gaming hybrid.
- Portability with a hybrid design
- Great performance for casual games
- Excellent screen quality
- Ability to increase performance using eGPU
- Poor battery life reduces portability.
- Additional eGPUs are very expensive.
- Type Core is a poor substitute for a gaming keyboard.
Read more: 5 Best Dell Laptops in 2022